Saturday 1 October 2011

Photoshop Lessons - Day 1 vs Day 2

Day 1 of Photoshop Phils' lesson was a bit messy on my part; maybe it was a lack of concentration or motivation but it ended in something that vaguely resembled a character:

On day 2 I asked Phil for some advice and he showed me a short example of how I could go about painting into the silhouette. It became a lot easier of a sudden and I got the hang of hitting the highlights on the character; so my second attempt turned out more successful than the first:



3 comments:

  1. Day 2 - looking MUCH more interesting, Gabriel - keep plugging away, this second drawing is encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! :D I like the sketchy style of your second piece. Oh by the why, let me introduce myself. I am Andriana-or Andi- and I will be you mentor. My job is to guide you in your work and make sure you are taking the right path on each project. It is encouraging that you are experimenting with photoshop as it is the best way to get into grips with it. Just a small tip..apart for experimenting with styles, how about trying more dynamic poses? It will help if you try them yourself (no joke I did that last year :P). Try drawing your creature when it is slouching, running, laying down or is in an action position? I hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It isnt an easy thing to visualise poses (thats where ive always had problems). Best thing to do is grab influences, pose research, environment/setting. All of these will help you get a better foothold to where and what your altered self will be doing in this portrait.

    2 Is much better then 1, I love the lighting and your anatomical detail.

    Keep moving onward Gabe!!

    ReplyDelete